Friday, February 10, 2006

1&1 suck!

I've always thought my webspace has ASP enabled but it doesn't - and I only found out at the last minute when I had been given another assignment using ASP!

I have to upgrade to MS hosting - which doesn't have mySQL databases, only Access (i'll have to upgrade to an even more expensive package if I want mySQL). What are the chances that when I have to work with databases it'll be mySQL?! <_<

So I pay for the upgrade and they tell me it'll take at least 48 hours to sort everything out and I have to backup everything I've uploaded because it's going to get completely wiped...

It's now the third day and it still isn't sorted out -_-;

1&1 are so expensive too! Why did I ever listen to that lecturer at university and go with them <_< For £10/per month I only get 2.5gb space and 20gb of traffic

For the SAME price I can afford the most expensive plan, the "Gold Plan", from Canaca.com: 60GB of space and 1,500GB of traffic!!

I am kinda relieved that I haven't switched to Canaca hosting yet. Canaca don't have ASP at all...

Maybe when I get this permanent job I'll get an account with Canaca as well.. the Bronze Package is only £2.20/month and it's 20GB space and 500GB traffic - it's almost obscene!

1&1 are really fleecing me ;-;

No comments: